The carolinense super bantamweight Joseph ‘Wonder Boy’ Lopez @__WonderBoy co-star of one of the best fights and certainly the most controversial of 2014, will return to the ring next February 7, when measured in a clash scheduled for eight rounds with JOSEAN Figueroa on turn Stellar billboard Miiguel @CottoPromotions presented with H2 Entertainment at Coliseo Guillermo Angulo, Carolina. It will be the first show of the new year for the company headed by five-time world champion in four divisions Boricua. Just 20 years old, Lopez improved to 15-0 with 11 knockouts and retained his featherweight scepter of Fecarbox last August 16 at the Coliseo Hector Sola Bezares of Caguas, the majority decision defeat the Mexican Roberto Castañeda . It was the famous meeting in which Lopez fell four times in the first inning after having shot down once his rival, also thereby giving rise to the controversy over the alleged tampering with the scorecards which led to extensive research still unfinished in performances of the Boxing Commission of Puerto Rico. “Miguel Cotto himself recommended a six-month break was taken, so strong was that fight,” said Hector Soto, VP promoter and the promoter. “Remember that Wonder Boy is still very young.” Half a year after the encounter, Wonder Boy is aware of its flaws. “What happened was that knocked him down and gave me a good blow when I wanted to finish it,” analyzed the fighter himself. “These things happen in boxing.” “But I was starting, I’m new at this,” he continued. “It is a world yet to learn.” But Lopez no doubt deserved the victory. “I’ve seen that fight like 10 times and all I see myself winning,” said the fighter, who acknowledged that between adjustments he has made for his next bout excels try to stay true to the game plan developed during workouts. His rival, Figueroa (8-3-1 seven KOs), try to not be so. “I like the fight,” Figueroa, a native of Aguada, although trains in Rincón on the orders of Javier Ortiz said. “It’s a tough fight and he is undefeated, but not an impossible fight,” he added. “He’s a fighter who makes many mistakes: in his fight with Castaneda was disappointing and for me a draw would have been fair.” In the appeal semiestelar shock, carolinense Charlie Clemente (8-0 and four knockouts) will be exhibiting his undefeated in a crash six episodes and 108 pounds with Israel Bayamon ‘The Crown’ Vazquez (9-1-2-six KOs), son of three-time former world champion Wilfredo Vazquez and brother of exmonarca Wilfredo ‘Papito’ Vazquez. In total, the program will consist of 10 bouts, including two other comebacks. First, Alexander ‘El Pollo de Jesús (20-1, 13 KOs), 2004 Olympic saw stopped his promising career by having to serve a prison sentence, will be making his first fight since 2010 when six round clash and at welterweight with veteran fighter Barbados, Christopher Henry (25-25 and 18 knockouts). In addition, the full weight of Aguas Buenas Carlos ‘Chicano’ Cotto (7-0-1 five KOs), will be making his first appearance since July last year when measured in six episodes rematch with Jimmy mocano Suárez (2- 5, and two knockouts).
Among the other prospects who will see action on the bill are Kevin Nieves (6-1-1, 3KO’s) who will strike the Dominican Reynaldo White (7-1, 3KO’s) also the carolinense cruise Kelvin Nunez (4-0 and four) hitting four episodes with the Arecibo debutant Jonathan González, and the return of humacaeño super bantamweight prospect Freddy Ortiz (3-0 and three) and Richy Rodriguez (1-0, 1KO) among others.
Wonder Boy: Jose Lopez vs. The Train: JOSEAN Figueroa is presented by Cotto Promotions with H2 Entertainment at Coliseo Guillermo Angulo Carolina.
The entrance to the coliseum will cost $ 15.00 Ring Side General and $ 10.00 General Admission. Tickets are available at Ticket Center locations by calling 787-792-5000 or by visiting their website: http://www.tcpr.com